Teresa McEleney is lymphoedema manual lymphatic drainage therapist with over 20 years experience in muscular injuries treatment.
Working in a number of high profile sports injury clinics, her speciality is in head, neck, jaw, soft tissue injuries and complications due to swelling and diseases of the lymphatic system.
Teresa completed her massage training at the Australian School of Massage in 1994 and continued with advanced studies in trigger point therapy and soft tissue dysfunction, and myofascial release techniques.
In 2005 Teresa established The Movement Clinic and gained an international accreditation in manual lymphatic drainage from the Dr Vodder Wittlinger Therapy Centre and School based in Austria.
As a qualified lymphoedema therapist, Teresa treats a wide variety of oedema (swelling) problems associated with plastic surgery, severe bruising (contusion or hematoma), scar tissue recovery, disease, cancer and trauma.
Teresa has a passion for working with the lymphatic system, research and education.
Teresa continues to travel within Australia and overseas pursuing further developments in manual lymphatic drainage treatments and is a registered member of Australasian Lymphology Association (ALA), Australian Association of Massage Therapists (AAMT).
Other research and special interests include manual lymphatic drainage for scar tissue, trauma concussion, plastic surgery and Bodybuilding , swelling complications associated with veinous insufficiency , and chronic dermal (skin) conditions genetic (atopic) eczema and psoriasis.
Overseas Work/Guest Therapist
- Dr Asdonk Feldbergklinik/Hospital- St Blasien, Black Forest, Germany (Two weeks Guest Therapist) 2015
Medical Taping Concept
- Certification in lymphatic taping – Joyce Bosman FysioTape (Dr Vodder School Organizer Netherlands) Melbourne 2012
- Recertification Level 2 & 3 Dr Vodder (Singapore, Swiss Club) 2023
- Recertification Level 2 & 3 Dr Vodder (Melbourne, Australia) 2018
- Recertification Level 2 & 3 Dr Vodder (Walchsee, Austria) 2015
- Recertification Level 2 & 3 Dr Vodder (Singapore General Hospital – Singapore) 2013
- Recertification Level 2 & 3 Dr Vodder (Melbourne – Australia) 2011
- Recertification Level 2 & 3 Dr Vodder (Sydney – Australia) 2009
- Level 2 & 3 Dr Vodder wittlinger therapy center and school (Walchsee, Austria) 2007
Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Therapy 1 Review Dr Vodder (Melbourne Australia) 2006
- Basic & Therapy 1 Dr Vodder (Melbourne Australia) 2005
- Basic & Therapy 1 Dr Vodder (Melbourne Australia) 1995
Eastern School of tactile therapy
- Associate Diploma Remedial Massage 1995-1996
Australian school of massage
- Myofascial Therapy Certificate 1995-1996
Australian school of therapeutic massage
- Advanced Soft Tissue Therapy Trigger Point 1994
Victorian school of massage
- Certificate of Massage 1993
Dr Vodder Review 2015 Austria
Teresa, Therapist Owner “The Movement Clinic” with Hildegard Wittlinger Director Vodder Clinic and Founder of Dr Vodder Hospital/Clinic. (Hildegard studied lymphatic drainage under Emil and Estrid Vodder)